Thursday, August 11, 2011

Trouble on the Homefront

There are MANY options for the title on this one...

Am I Hearing Things?
Please Tell Me I'm Hearing Things.
Is it Possible To Castrate A Rooster?
Please Let Him Be Gay
That Explains Things
Oh Boy!
What Will the Neighbors Think?

Long story short...

Brian and I went out to "mend fence" one morning last week.  I thought the wood had gotten old on the horizontal boards and snapped.  Come to find out my handy-dandy drunk neighbor hit it.  Anyway, Brian was in the alley checking out the fence and I was in the back yard when we heard something.  I sounded a bit like a metal gate opening and closing.  Brian said, Did you hear that?"  To which I responded, "Yes."  Then it happened again and then again.  Each time it sounded more and more like a "cockadoodledoo."  In my head I was thinking that Miss Jessie sure did mature quickly.  I started watching Miss Jessie so I could see her crow.   What did I see?  Miss Jessie was eating so either Miss Jessie wasn't crowing or she's VERY talented and can multitask like a champ.  Upon closer inspection...IT WAS KATE!!!!  Kate's a dang rooster!  We had a 95% guarantee that Jane and Kate were hens.  All this time we were worried about Miss Jessie being a rooster and turns out we were worried about the wrong chicken.

Now what do we do??  This poor chicken that I have bonded with now has identity issues.  She's dang cute when she does it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment