Saturday, September 22, 2012

Does the Patriot Act Apply to Chickens?

Fall had hit Texas. That means I have one more opportunity to successfully grow something. I got a wild hair and dug up a pretty nice section of my yard, threw the dirt in the chicken yard and then refilled the area with good soil I got from a nursery. The chickens enjoyed scratching through the freshly dug up dirt. They found lots of bugs. All of this wasn't enough I guess.

After I carefully planted all of my seeds, I put a fence around my new garden and called it a day. It wasn't pretty, but I'm not too concerned about that right now. I planted cucumbers, snow peas, spinach, carrots, broccoli and romaine.

The first few days went by without a snag. Then Pearl strikes! She escaped from the chicken yard and got in my garden. My romaine was eaten and/or dug up and all of the dirt had been kicked all over. Who knows where everything is going to grow now. It should be interesting.

Just when you think your yard is safe the little feathered terrorists strike again!

No comments:

Post a Comment