Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Endangered Species??

Cathy and Michael were here this weekend because Michael had his treatment last Thursday.  Cathy witnessed a heinous act...

Calamity Jane ripped a baby snake right out of the grass, pounded it on the ground a couple of times and then ATE it.  Not quite what I had in mind when I said eat the BUGS in the yard.  I think it was a baby brown snake.  They are the size of worms and that is the kind of snake I have in my back yard.  I sure hope she doesn't eat them all.  I quite like catching the snakes...they're pretty cute.  Also, once the girls get bigger are they going to start targeting the bigger snakes??  I might have to make a "Do Not Kill" list.  They can study it while they are in their coop all day.  I sure hope they don't run off or kill all of my snakes...they too eat bugs.  Both play a vital role in my sanity...no more bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment