Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Knee Deep in Poo

Just before 6 I got a call letting me know I didn't have to go in to work.  I LOVE those calls!  With all of my free time I decided to Harvest worm castings (aka collect worm poo).  Usually it's pretty boring.

1. grab you a handful of poo.
2. shake said handful of poo to check for worms
3. remove worms
4.place poo in a bowl (my old popcorn bowl. hahaha)

Nothing is boring when you combine chickens and worms! I tried to offer them each a worm and they wouldn't take it.  I guess the fun is in the hunt.  If I had to hunt for all of my food, I'd be really thin or dead. :)


Looking through the newspaper for a treat.
Looking in the castings for a treat.

helping??
Just making sure I didn't overlook a worm

Found one! Jane's trying to get a bite.

Chicken Whisperer

Do they realize what they're standing in??
 Well, I think I'm caught up now!  Hopefully I won't get this far behind again...it's late and Polo is snoring (that's his way of saying "GO TO BED!")

No comments:

Post a Comment