Friday, January 13, 2012

Don't Go Towards the Light!!!!

One Wednesday evening (It's been so long I do not remember the exact date) I let the chickens out between working at Richland and CCCC.  This is common practice.  I like to let the chickens spread their wings as much as possible because I'm sure they don't appreciate being cooped up all day.  After I hung out with the chickens a bit and took a couple photos I went inside for  bite to eat and a quick nap (also common practice).  Then I rushed out the door to work.  Went to work.  Came home. Went to bed.

Do you see the problem here??

The next morning I am putting my make up on when I hear mom yell, "NO! NO! Leave it!"  I immediately think some armed man is trying to get through the back door...single white female syndrome.  Once I get up and run to the living room I find that mom wasn't yelling at a crazed man.  It was a crazed dog with a rooster in his mouth!  Polo had Doc in his mouth like he was a squeaky toy.  Tes wasn't far behind.  I'm certain she wanted a piece of the action as well.   Luckily, Mom got to the dogs before they had a nice chicken breakfast.  Mom sent the dogs in and put Doc in his coop.

How might Polo get a chicken in his mouth???  It's because I FORGOT  to lock the chickens in their coop!  I'm a horrible mother.  Does this mean I will forget to buckle my kids up in the car?

The evening before the chickens tucked themselves into bed...they're good like that.  Thursday morning I let the dogs out and fed them (evidently not enough).  When the chickens woke up they were pleasantly surprised that they had free range of the backyard. Little did they know that they were being stalked by the dogs.  Jessie, the only smart one of the bunch, wanted nothing to do with the new found freedom.  He stayed upstairs to get a good view of the action.  Mom think s that Doc took the hit for Jane so she could run back to safety.  Dogs attacked.  Mom rescued.  I felt horrible.  No one was harmed.


I don't think Polo was out for blood.  I think he was just playing with his new squeaky toy...at least that's what I will tell myself.  All's well that ends well, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment