Friday, January 13, 2012

There's an Evil Among Us

When I am out of town Brian is the sole provider for the chickens.  He lets them out and such while he's in and out of the yard.  One weekend he was doing his usual backyard duties and let the chickens out to roam.  He was inside watching the birds...small birds, not chickens...when he saw the chickens and the other birds make a run for it.  When he looked closer he saw a HUGE hawk looking for his next meal!  He was in one of my trees hanging out.  Now we have to be careful when we let the chickens out because as you may know they are not the smartest animals on earth.  A week or so later we were outside and the little birds took off because the hawk was lurking in one of my trees.  I didn't see him land, but I saw him take off.  I wonder if the chickens ever get that eerie feeling that they are being watched??

I would be pretty traumatized if I saw a hawk swoop down and get one of my cute little chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment