Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

Things are looking up for my urban farming.

First, I must update you on Doc. The plan was for Brian and I to do the exchange on the way to Odessa this weekend. Then we would take our new hen on the road trip with us. Once in Odessa she would hang out in the backyard (most of the time in her carrier) during the day and then in the evenings she would sleep in the dining room. This is normal, right? Well, thanks to Mom none of this happened although I'm certain it would have made for a very funny story.

Instead, Mom did the exchange and she also got TWO more hens. So now I have Jessie, Jane and three other "working girls" who have yet to be named. I need to look up some appropriate names. She also got a dozen eggs tossed in. What a nice Chicken Man!!

He was also impressed with the beauty of my rooster. He's decided to get rid of his other red rooster so he can keep Doc. This makes me VERY happy. Doc was welcomed by getting into a squabble with one of the ladies. When you're smaller than the rest of ladies it's not a good idea to get cocky...even if you are one.

Pictures of the new ladies to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment