Friday, January 13, 2012

Hurts My Heart

As earlier stated, Doc has fine tuned his crowing.  He took a break to rest up his vocal chords and now he's back in full swing.  His Cock-a-doodle-dooing typically starts about 4:30.  He continues till after I leave for work and then tosses a few in throughout the day.  He even crows after dark at times.  I don't what to be "that" neighbor or be the butt of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck" jokes so I am having to give Doc back.  The original plan was for Mom to transport him to New Mexico to live with my brother, but after the dog incident and seeing Jane frazzled we didn't think we could separate them.  (I'm pretty sure the first rule of Farming is to not give your farm animals human feelings.)  I'm certain Jane would feel sad/confused for a bit, but hopefully she would finally reach acceptance.  Like I have because she has yet to produce an egg...I've accepted that. 

Anyway, Doc has gotten a bit out of hand so the time has come to relocate him.  I called the man who sold us the chicken (The one who gave us a 95% guarantee they were both hens.)  He is going to take Doc and give us a hen in his place.  I have no idea what will happen to Doc once he is in the Chicken Man's care...I'd rather not think about it.  I am probably not going to be able to get out of the car when the transaction occurs.

I tried to find someone to take him in the local chicken community (yes, there are chicken meetups), but it seems no one wants a rooster.  Can we compare this to China and females??


Life's just not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment