Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Don't Rule the Roost

Kate has respiratory issues right now so I have been giving her "Vicks Vapor Rub" for Poultry.  I've been doing it morning, noon, and night for the past couple of days.  When I pull Kate out of the coop Jane cries.  It's kinda cute to see them bond.

Today I drove home at lunch to dose her up again.  I pull out Kate.  The heat makes catching her easy.  Hold her close to me (restrain her) and drench her with minty freshness...on her head, neck and under arms (should I say "underwings").  She fights a little, but not too much.  Then I put her back in the coop and life goes back to normal...until today.

Today I put Kate back in the coop and tried to give her one last "forgive me" pat and Jane pecked me!!  Complete defiance...how do you discipline a chicken??

No comments:

Post a Comment