Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Renovations

The time has come...either renovate my bathroom to be a permanent coop for Jessie or fix something for her to live in outside.  It's getting to be ridiculous that she gets my bathroom to herself and she doesn't even pay rent...

Today I got the bright idea to make a small temporary coop for Miss Jessie until she's big enough to be with the big girls without them being able to pick/peck on her.  So Brian drove us (Me and Mom) to Home Depot to try to figure this thing out.  I'm a little handy, but not too much.  My "trial and error" is more error than trial.  After walking through Home Depot at least twice and coming up with several ideas...some more complex than others...I had a GREAT, low cost idea.  Why not just make a divider for the coop I already have?  I'm brilliant!  I don't think Mom or Brian thought my idea was nearly as fantastic as I did, but they're going with it.  This evening I cut the pieces for the wood frame with an electric saw (using safety the OSHA would applaud) and screwed it together.  Tomorrow I attach the chicken wire and then place it in the coop.  Duct tape will play a very important role in all of this. :)  Pictures to follow!

My assistant

I guess she thought it was safer to be around the electric drill and screwdriver than be near Kate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment